Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Besides the technology challenge, another roadblock to writing is just "life." A couple recent events that have kept me from writing as much as I would like: a six-day wildfire that was almost in our backyard at one point (with the possibility of evacuation), and a three-day horsemanship clinic we put on in Truckee, CA. I tried to post some photos in another blog format but it "ate" several of my fire pictures, so I got discouraged and gave up on that idea.

Today I finished the vocabulary lists and exercises for each chapter. After the frustrations of computer hassles, it was so fun to get back to just playing with words! I have always enjoyed words--writing, crossword puzzles, Scrabble and Boggle. Working crosswords gave me the thesaurus and dictionary habit. I love books that give the history and origin of words and phrases. I have a rudimentary knowledge of German, and even less of Spanish and Italian (musical terms are usually noted in Italian). I find it interesting to see the similarities of those language to English. I enjoy the sounds of interesting words.

Now that the chapter section of the curriculum unit is done, I will organize the many notes and rough drafts I have made on book analysis and cross-curricular activities.

No comments: